SmartSensor Technical Specification
Infra-View® Infrared Boiler/ Furnace Thermometer is a patented "non-contact" remote sensing infrared thermometer housed in a rugged, compact protective cooling jacket. The unit flange mounts to any port, door or penetration into the boiler or furnace and measures flue gas temperatures from 250°F to 3,000°F via a4 - 20 mAoutput to any DCS, digital or analog recording device.
- Power Requirement:24 VDC4 - 20 mA integrated loop (DCS Powered)
- Cooling Requirement:15SCFM (Standard Plant Air)
- Ambient Operating Temp: 250°F Max.
- Field of View (FOV):30:1(i.e., 3 ft spot @ 90 ft)
- Response Time: 100 msec(600 readings/min.)
- Data Output: Digital 4-20 mALoop Powered
- Accuracy: 1% of Reading (Max. Error + 30°F) NIST Calibration Cert. Avail.
- Measured Temperature Range: 250°F to 3,000°F
- Infrared Spectral Response: Heated CO2 Gas
- Weight: 20 lbs (9Kg)with Infra-View® Valve: 27 lbs (12 Kg)
- Length Overall: 21" (53 cm) with Infra-View® Valve:24"(61 cm)
- Infra-View® Sensor: Intelligent2 wire4- 20 mA loop powered digital device that is field addressable utilizing HART® protocol preset to specifically detect infrared emissions from heated boiler/ furnace flue gas containing CO2 . On line maintenance and customization can be performed with a laptop or PC with Infra-View® Software and serial port adapter, anywhere along two-wire loop without data output interference. (Infra-View® Software is optional)
On-Line Programming Functions with Infra-View® Software
1) Peak Hold Mode: Measures highest temperature in FOV and and holds reading from 0 - 10 min.
2) Average Mode: Measures average temperature in FOV. Displays updated reading every 0 - 55 sec. (Stabilizes rapid signal output fluctuations)
3) Programmable annunciation alarm set point from 250°F to 3,000°F
4) Selectable temperature range (low and high end)
5) Fahrenheit or Celsius Outputs (250°F/ 120°C to 3,000°F/ 1650°C)
6) Internal Ambient temperature monitoring of sensor to prevent thermal overheating and damage.
7) Complete graphing function of temperature vs. time analysis.
8) On line temperature data logging function into ASCII database for export to Excel or Lotus 1-2-3 format. Descriptions and tag nomenclatures available.